We are so excited to announce our newest blog feature “Ask the Expert”! Wedding coordinators are absolutely incredible and multi-talented, so we are asking them what it takes to make your Wedding Day go off without a hitch! Every month we’ll be featuring a new wedding coordinator and a specific topic when it comes to planning a wedding.
This month we’re featuring Diana Romero of At Your Side Planning. Diana is not only an experienced coordinator, she is also an experienced bride who tied the knot in August! We asked this recent bride & coordinator her secrets when picking a great venue that meets the couples style and budget. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Each wedding is so different, where do you look for inspiration in creating a unique style for your clients?
- I look for inspiration everywhere. I find the most inspiration when traveling.
2. What was your inspiration for your wedding?
- My inspiration was traveling to Hawaii and seeing a perfect venue and a perfect sunset.
3. Once a bride and groom figure out their needs and style, how should they go about finding a venue?
- Finding the perfect venue takes time! The venue will really depend on the client’s taste and style. From that, I know how to refer to venues.
4. What type of questions should they ask when touring the space?
- There are many questions to ask while touring a site such as if the venue has multiple weddings per day, the amount of set up time, the service charge, extra fees such as cake cutting, if there is a room onsite for bride to get ready in, meal amount for kids and vendors, rules, noise ordinances, and many other questions that are vital to know for the wedding day.
5. How many spaces do you recommend your clients see before choosing the location?
- I recommend choosing to visit at least three.
6. Do you have any pointers on narrowing down the right venue?
- Depending on what is important to a couple, that would be what to focus on.
7. How did you pick yours?
- For me, the breath taking view and impeccable customer service of a high end venue were really important. I would rather spend more and feel assured and confident in the venue and staff than save money.
8. We know that for most brides and grooms the bulk of the budget goes to food, drink and reception. Do you have any tips on cutting costs at the venue?
- To cut the cost at the venue, I suggest limiting the amount of the bar hosted. I also suggest getting cake for less amount of guests…there is always cake left at the end of every reception!
9. Any suggestions on what the bride and groom should splurge on?
- I suggest if the couple is going to splurge, to splurge on the food itself!
Thank you Diana for your input on finding the perfect location! We loved hearing from you!