Madelyn just had her “kinda”, “sorta” 16th birthday party in October! Her actual birthday is in April during spring break, and that’s when families travel or have other plans. So this year she wanted to have her birthday at the 1/2 year mark! Smart girl!
We headed to K1Speed in Carlsbad where she had a DJ, cupcakes, candy, and a trillion of her closest friends to help her celebrate! Unfortunately, no one wanted to race during the time I was there, but they did want to DANCE! That’s more my style!
Hope you had a great time at your party, Madelyn! Happy almost sweet 16th birthday to you!
We are so honored and excited to announce that we were recently featured on the knot for Mike and Baylea’s wedding! We love this couple and their fabulous taste. Their Palm Springs wedding had a colorful palette, with a retro feel. Check out their fun and stylish wedding, and thank you to the knot!
We are so excited to announce our newest blog feature “Ask the Expert”! Wedding coordinators are absolutely incredible and multi-talented, so we are asking them what it takes to make your Wedding Day go off without a hitch! Every month we’ll be featuring a new wedding coordinator and a specific topic when it comes to planning a wedding.
This month we’re featuring Diana Romero of At Your Side Planning. Diana is not only an experienced coordinator, she is also an experienced bride who tied the knot in August! We asked this recent bride & coordinator her secrets when picking a great venue that meets the couples style and budget. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Each wedding is so different, where do you look for inspiration in creating a unique style for your clients?
- I look for inspiration everywhere. I find the most inspiration when traveling.
2. What was your inspiration for your wedding?
- My inspiration was traveling to Hawaii and seeing a perfect venue and a perfect sunset.
3. Once a bride and groom figure out their needs and style, how should they go about finding a venue?
- Finding the perfect venue takes time! The venue will really depend on the client’s taste and style. From that, I know how to refer to venues.
4. What type of questions should they ask when touring the space?
- There are many questions to ask while touring a site such as if the venue has multiple weddings per day, the amount of set up time, the service charge, extra fees such as cake cutting, if there is a room onsite for bride to get ready in, meal amount for kids and vendors, rules, noise ordinances, and many other questions that are vital to know for the wedding day.
5. How many spaces do you recommend your clients see before choosing the location?
- I recommend choosing to visit at least three.
6. Do you have any pointers on narrowing down the right venue?
- Depending on what is important to a couple, that would be what to focus on.
7. How did you pick yours?
- For me, the breath taking view and impeccable customer service of a high end venue were really important. I would rather spend more and feel assured and confident in the venue and staff than save money.
8. We know that for most brides and grooms the bulk of the budget goes to food, drink and reception. Do you have any tips on cutting costs at the venue?
- To cut the cost at the venue, I suggest limiting the amount of the bar hosted. I also suggest getting cake for less amount of guests…there is always cake left at the end of every reception!
9. Any suggestions on what the bride and groom should splurge on?
- I suggest if the couple is going to splurge, to splurge on the food itself!
Thank you Diana for your input on finding the perfect location! We loved hearing from you!
We love weddings, and we were so honored to be with a couple as amazing as Kerianne and Grant!
Around here, there is NOTHING we like more than choosing wedding images to blog, and this wedding made it hard, as we loved so many! One of the images that made us gasp was taken by my amazing second photographer, Emily. She caught Henry watching Kerianne walk down the aisle, and when we zoomed in really close - well, you may notice the tear in his eye. So sweet!! He was choked up for good reason – Kerianne was so absolutely stunning!
We started out at the gorgeous US Grant Hotel, and then headed to the Admiral Kidd Club for the ceremony overlooking the water. Just before we left, Henry asked if we could take a photo of them in front of the low moon overlooking the city skyline. It was already really dark by then so we were limited with what we could do, but below is the image Marlo was able to capture. Love!
These past few days, we all have to admit that we’ve been getting a little jealous of their Maui honeymoon photos that they’ve been posting. Hope you two had a wonderful time and enjoy your sneak peek!! Congratulations again and again!